I know Cemetech is mainly for the 83 series, but I decided to port some of my programs to the 89. The fist one I am porting is Cave (go to our website/ticalc.org), a game where you doge a layer of flying rocks.

I will post the code if anyone needs, but I need help doing the high-score system. I know lists, etc, can be used to score names & score, but I don't know how to do something like setupeditor, or something similar to create a variable if it does not exist, or unarchive it if it does. Also, the program seems to run fairly slowly. I use 5 (I think) pictures of rocks flying at you at one time and another pic for your ship (both contain built in spaces to prevent a trail from staying).

Also, is there a way to group files on the 89? I lost the manual so I can't look it up. I suppose I could include a highscore list with all the files (rock, ship, clr, clr2, logo, logo2, Cave, I think that's all), but then I don't really know how to use lists on the 89 like they are used on the 83+ calcs.

Thanks for any help!

Unrelated, but about the 89, you can make nice greyscale pics (well, you need multiple pics, but it sill looks good).

Also, could someone who has an 89 titanium port this to the titanium (what things need to be changed?)?
b-flat wrote:
...Also, could someone who has an 89 titanium port this to the titanium (what things need to be changed?)?
Nothing whatsoever. All TI-89 BASIC programs are inherently compatible with the titanium.
So, can anyone help me? I really want to be able to have 89 games as well as 83 games.
TI-73 TI-83+ TI-83+ SE TI-84+ TI-84+ SE TI-86 Bad Idea

TI-89 Good Idea
I think tifreak8x would fit the bill nicely. Did you talk to guys over at Omnimaga also (I know there are a couple 89 programmers there too).
OK, thanks, I will try at Omnimega after I pm tifreak8x.

--off topic--
Penguin Studios has updated their website to include several new programs - check it out (the link is in my signature so I don't ever have to remember it Very Happy )
@site: nice design, but do something about the sound, I am working on the lappy, and that starts playing, and things got interesting when that loaded (also, my slow machine has a problem with that kind of stuff).
Re @Site: Thanks, I will tell the guy who maintains the site about the sound issue (it was nice listening to white & nerdy Very Happy).

I also need to tell him to remove the "Coming Soon: SimCity" becuase some very kind person decided to return my calc when I left it at school after clearing all the memory (I had just finished the final version Sad ) so I have to start over from the old version my friend had (but I still have to redo the picture).

Just wondering, do you think I should post engines such as my RPG movement engine, dialogue engine, etc?

Also, we don't have a download counter so I was wondering if someone could tell me how to add a download counter.
hmm, tifreak8x told me about one counter (can't remember which one it is now). As to the engine, it is your call I think.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours