I am going to create a drag racing game and it is going to have a garage and upgradable parts and stuff. So far the only thing i have done on it is the dash board and was wondering what you think of it so far and what i should add to it. also in the game you will be able to show off your car to get extra credits. And it will also have the ability to detect if you red lighted or not. and i also already figured out how i am going to speed up the car. but all of this is not going to be done in one version. i am going to start simple than add some of the better things. Anyways i just wanted to know if anyone would be intrested in trying it when i finish the first version.

Well today i finished the engine that i am going to use for my game it includes shifting, speeding up, slowing down after not speeding up for a certain amount of time, and braking. Here is the code if anyone is interested.

race:

Code:

:ClrHome
:0→A
:0→B
:20→C
:1→D
:0→E
:10→F
:Disp "SPEED:
:Disp "GEAR:
:Repeat K=45
:Output(1,7,A
:Output(2,6,B
:getKey→K
:If K=26
:Then
:F+10(F=0→F
:A+D(A≤E→A
:D+(A=C→D
:C+20(A=C→C
:End
:If max(K=21,31
:B+(K=21)(B<6→B
:B-(K=31)(B>0→B
:prgmGEAR
:If K=0
:F-(F>0→F
:A-(A>0)(F=0→A
:Output(1,7,"   
:If K=24
:10→C
:A-D(A>0→A
:D-(A<C)(D>1→D
:C+10(A=0→C
:Output(1,7,"   

Gear:

Code:

If B=0
:0→E
:If B=1
:65→E
:If B=2
:95→E
:If B=3
:120→E
:If B=4
:180→E
:If B=5
:220→E
:If B=6
:256→E

All coding and tables ©2004-2006 Kerm Martian
Token information is property of Texas Instruments, Inc. Extracted from published documentation.

The only thing i have left to do now is do some research to get the speeds and gear settings a bit more realistic.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours