http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFV9-RuVYRU&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ejoystiq%2Ecom%2Fpage%2F3%2F
I saw that somewhere! I was in awe!
The end product looks like he copied and pasted a picture of a PSP and toned down the quality just a smidge. Awsome! Its better than those "hand drawn in paint" car vidoes you can find. Cool
that must've taken a very long time considering the amount of detail. Look at the gradient between colors...I've don't gradients but not on that large of a scale. Also take notice the amount of detail and ponder on the file size.
Amazingly done. I can see that he has an excellent intuitive understanding of how gloss and reflections work.
y ai thought that was crazy....imagine how many screenshots the preson had! it seems like the person used a screen capture thing but there wasnt a mouse...i guess its possible to change the mouse cursor. i have at least with a cool prog. you can make aimated and normal
clementop wrote:
y ai thought that was crazy....imagine how many screenshots the preson had! it seems like the person used a screen capture thing but there wasnt a mouse...i guess its possible to change the mouse cursor. i have at least with a cool prog. you can make aimated and normal

No, you could definitely see the mouse. Not sure how crappy a monitor and/or eyes you have, but the mouse is visible (most noticeable during the paint-bucket usage). My guess is that it was a screen-capture program with the time drastically sped up (can you imagine creating a movie from ~5,000 different screenshots without a custom tool? That would just suck...)
clementop wrote:
I've been trying to avoid nagging you, but please, at least make an effort at proper spelling, grammar, and capitalization. It makes your posts more readable and intelligent to all of us.
KermMartian wrote:
clementop wrote:
I've been trying to avoid nagging you, but please, at least make an effort at proper spelling, grammar, and capitalization. It makes your posts more readable and intelligent to all of us.

I'll take this as an opportunity to suggest you stop using internet explorer and switch to Firefox or Opera, as both have built-in spell-checkers Smile
Amazing!

KermMartian wrote:
clementop wrote:

I'm pretty sure we all know what he means, Kerm (it wasn't too bad). I doubt many of us speak completely properly either. Wink
bfr wrote:
I'm pretty sure we all know what he means, Kerm (it wasn't too bad). I doubt many of us speak completely properly either. Wink

That's not the point. The point is not whether or not we can understand him, but rather why should we all spend extra time trying to decipher his posts just to save him another ~30 seconds before his grubby fingers mashes the "Submit" button.

I think this bash quote sums this up nicely: http://bash.org/?644205
OK. I didn't think it would take too much time to notice that "i" is supposed to be "I." But, whatever.

I think there is supposed to be an apostrophe in "Thats," by the way. Wink

Anyway, I'm horrible at making digital art, and will probably never make anything like this PSP, especially in MS Paint.
bfr wrote:
OK. I didn't think it would take too much time to notice that "i" is supposed to be "I." But, whatever.

I think there is supposed to be an apostrophe in "Thats," by the way. Wink

Guess you need to take an English course if the only thing you notice wrong with his posts was that he said "i" instead of "I" (but then again, he didn't say "i" at all, but rather "ai" Wink )

And no one here wants to be an grammar Nazi either, but it really isn't hard to do a proof read before submitting - so just do it.
That was just an example (of how easy it is to decipher).

You do have a point thought; it doesn't take much to proof-read posts, but I'm just saying, it's still readable. At least you were able to understand what clementop was trying to say.
bfr wrote:
You do have a point thought; it doesn't take much to proof-read posts, but I'm just saying, it's still readable. At least you were able to understand what clementop was trying to say.

And for that I refer you once again to it not being an issue of whether or not we can understand him (yay! circle time!)
well once you get the noobs that talk like this: |-|i guyzz this ofrum izz likeee soo t3h c00lezzzt!!!!shift111 i jsut hte itt wen pplz misssspell wordz in shiz. n00bz that do eet on prupus shood b3 chanesawled.

then I think that is a tad much, and I have seen that many times... but I wouldnt consider the lack of apostrophes or uncapitalization of the word 'I' anything to complain about...
Even if he was drawing by reference, that's insane!!

he must be pretty skilled to know how to do complex gradients in Paint.

Watching some of his other videos, I notice he does a lot of painting and then goes over that with another color. Is that a special method for gradients?
Liazon wrote:
Even if he was drawing by reference, that's insane!!

he must be pretty skilled to know how to do complex gradients in Paint.

Watching some of his other videos, I notice he does a lot of painting and then goes over that with another color. Is that a special method for gradients?
Gradients aren't that hard, provided that you have some patience and familiarity with the shrink/grow blur method.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours