i dont have time to go thru the older topics, as i am on a deadline here, but i was wondering how to make a fast and efficient scroll bar....
i highly expect that its on ticalc.org, but there are just SO MANY files to look thru....well i'd love the help.
Thx
--
Clementop
Try the little "Search" thing in the upper-right before being lazy, please.
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/270/27069.html
...thx alot. =] i know im being a pain, but thats the way i am. sry =[
clementop wrote:
Meh, you're forgiven. Hope that link helps you.
clementop wrote:

Its a good thing Kerm responded to this before I did, or you would have ended up very frustrated and without an answer. I don't care if you are lazy, and "thats how I am" is a non-excuse. Quit being lazy, we aren't your slaves to answer to all your whims. If you can't show at least SOME initiative, don't expect much help.
Kllrnohj wrote:

Its a good thing Kerm responded to this before I did, or you would have ended up very frustrated and without an answer. I don't care if you are lazy, and "thats how I am" is a non-excuse. Quite being lazy, we aren't your slaves to answer to all your whims. If you can't show at least SOME initiative, don't expect much help.

And you better believe him when he says that too. I have learned from experience with his answers to some of my posts.
i would have actually looked for it, except I was at school and the bell just rang. i was in a rush.

but yes, i DO need to show SOME effort
If the bell just rang, then wait until after class and do a little searching on your own first. Razz

*Quit
alright...the scroll bars work great! now, my only problem is integrating it with text....i was thinking

Code:

:text(8,5,sub(str0...blah blah
:text(15,5,sub(str0...blah blah

but I can't figure out what to put in the blah part...i know its really easy, i could use lists or just variables, but I can't put it together... Bad Idea
Could you please elaborate on what you are trying to do??
well this is a scroll bar, so basically that means that i will have more text but it can't all fit on the screen. so i was wondering how to have text appear and move with the scroll bar without having an error pop up saying ERR:ARGUMENT or whatever happens.
is that enough?

my previous example of code was intended to have an already set up 6 or 7 rows of Text( commands and use sub( commands to display certain parts of the whole text on that line.

that should be clear... enough
If I understand your query correctly, you're unclear on the synax of the sub() token. It's:

sub(String,Start,Length)

For example, suppose you had Str0 = 'HELLO WORLD"

Code:
:Text(1,1,sub(Str0,1,5
:Text(7,1,sub(Str0,7,5

Would display:

Quote:
HELLO
WORLD
well i understand that.....
that working fine....i just need to work on lists to get the right length of each line....
look sorta like this.

Code:

1->U
For(R,1,LText((V-7)/6)
LText(R)+U->U
End
Text(7,5,Sub(Str0,U,LText((V-7)/6)

1->U
etc etc...

(V-7)/6 is the line number (first line is at 7 every line +6)
Chances are you should max it out at about 24 characters per line, if I remember properly from Document DE 4...
I have two scrollbar programs that you may want to look at, one that uses a horizontal scrollbar and one that uses a vertical scrollbar in Text Tools (among a few other programs) - http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/391/39190.html .

You can simply store the text you want to be displayed in Str1, and then run the appropriate program. But, it uses large text and the home screen, while it seems that you want small text on the graph screen.
@bfr ya small text would be preferable, but hey! i might get the idea with ur prog..

@Kerm yes. with the size of my scroll bar, i max out at approx. 22 chars.
but thats only because of poor programming. without the scroll bar i max out at 23 or 24..cant remember.
That sounds right. Do you have any screenshots of this in action yet?
nope. i cant get screenshots.. the only thing that is possible is drawing it in paint by hand. thats what i did for all the screenshots that i have provided on a few topics..

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours