ok so i have a ti-89 titanium calculater and ive been trying to get my standard usb mouse to work on it but for some reason i cant get it to work its odd it worked for my friends but not me (LOL) i use a usb to mini usb connector to hook the mouse to my calc that much i got right then my friends tell me the drivers needed but it still doesnt work so could someone pls tell me what im doing wrong (if anything) and some different drivers.
I bet somebody here can help you, have you seen kerms mouse on the 83+?
btw welcome to cemetech!
You do indeed need drivers. The TI calculator uses something called "USB To Go:" in other words, it isn't meant to be able to operate as a USB host (something you can plug peripherals into). It's meant to act as a peripheral, yet with some fancy programming from the guys over at Detached Solutions the TI-84 can act as a host. I spoke to them and at this point no one has plans to write a TI-89 version of the software. I'll let you know if that changes.
ok thanks,
i wonder why nobody ever does anything good for the titanium/ti89 everyone uses the 83 i personely dont see why i mean id never go back the ti89 is so much better!
WyGuy wrote:
ok thanks,
i wonder why nobody ever does anything good for the titanium/ti89 everyone uses the 83 i personely dont see why i mean id never go back the ti89 is so much better!
True, it is more powerful, but the 83/84 series is much easier to use. Therefore it's used in the vast majority of elementary and high schools over the 89 series, and even in non-engineering colleges.
Thats true most people do think that the 83 is easier to use but i still think that with the right programs the 89 can be just as easy to use possibly more,
Don't diss my 83's buddy or it will be bad news for you.... Razz
lol just kidding welcome to Cemetech.
ok lol i didnt try to diss the 83 (well maybe a little bit) lol
yeah, we believe that all calcs are created equal, with rights endowed unto them by their creator.
You should get on the tigcc channel on efnet (they can be a lil hard to deal with sometimes though) and maybe ask around there? HEck, they might even consider writing one... Just don't get your hopes up too high...
tifreak8x wrote:
You should get on the tigcc channel on efnet (they can be a lil hard to deal with sometimes though) and maybe ask around there? HEck, they might even consider writing one... Just don't get your hopes up too high...
the TIGCC people have repeatedly showed a marked lack of interest in working with USB for the 68ks,

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours