i was just woundering can i make a cable for the ti-83 from an old microphone jack, it fits in perfectly, i want to convert it so a ps2 keyboard can be used...
please reply, i desperately need help..!
If it just has 2 connections (as in just one divider ring) then I don't see why it wouldn't work, as the ti-83 cable is just a regular standard 2.5mm jack. Hooking it up to a keyboard is a bit trickier, as you need to make a TICI hub (more info on that is around here somewhere)

And in the future wait at least 24 hours before bumping your thread - we all see it when we get online, and making a second post isn't going to get you a reply any sooner.
Kllrnohj: I think you didn't phrase that well - it needs to have two divider rings, one between tip and middle, one between middle and ground.

And if you want to make it into a PS/2 adapter ("TICI hub") you'll need a 5-6v power supply such as batteries and either a PS/2 socket or a keyboard/mouse you're willing to cut up the cable on.
thankyou very much, you both are very considerate... i bow to you.. Very Happy Good Idea Good Idea Good Idea
KermMartian wrote:
Kllrnohj: I think you didn't phrase that well - it needs to have two divider rings, one between tip and middle, one between middle and ground.

Either that, or it has been a really long time since I've looked at the ti-83 cable (which is why I didn't initially respond: Wink )
but if i supply it with my own batteries, 4-aa rechargeable batteries of 1.2v each... would i have to consider anything else, like mAh or resistors, resistance...anything?....
If you used rechargeables, that would add up to 4.8V, not so much that you would cause a PS/2 device to overdraw. It might be too low for certain devices to work properly (but they wouldn't get damaged, just not work), so you'd have to experiment a bit and see what works.
Just a quick question, can this work on the ti-84?...
Yes, it should work just fine on the Ti-84, as the I/O port remains the same

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours