What is the difference between finance vars and regular vars? I know the finance vars are bigger but are they faster?
Yes, Finance Vars are considerably faster, though you can only use one of these two, as changing one affects the other, C/Y and P/Y.
Finance variables are the fastest of all number variables, and are even slightly faster then Ans.

However:
-They cannot be used in for( loops.
-They cannot be used with DelVar to store zero to them.
-They are two bytes (but since they don't require 18 bytes to use they may cometimes be a memory saver).
They also can only be real (which is why, as Super Speler said, they don't occupy 18 bytes for value storage).
Super Speler wrote:

-They cannot be used in for( loops.
-They cannot be used with DelVar to store zero to them.

How come?
Short Answer: Because they can't.
okay...okay...I'll stop asking questions after this next one...yeesh...

Due to the aforementioned limitations, what would be the best way to use Finance Vars? (OTHER than "for when you run out of the others" and "for finance programs")

EDIT: This post makes me an Advanced Member ^^
You use a Finance variable anyplace you can simply put (they are faster, and in the end this is really what matters in Basic programing). However, several of the variables have 2-3 characters in the name so I usually wait till after I know I will not be editing the code anymore then change the normal variables with finance ones (for readability).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours