Check it out here are a few things that some of you might or might not have known.

Python secret handshake
Open a python interpreter and type
Code:
import this
. Pretty neat huh.

IE 6/7 are wannabes
Save the following code and open it up in IE 6 or 7 and you will see what i mean.

Code:

<html>
<head>
<title>Browser Information</title>
</head>
<body>
<h1>Browser Information</h1>
<hr>
<p>
The <b>navigator</b> object contains the following information
about the browser you are using.
</p>
<ul>
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
document.write("<li><b>Code Name:</b> " + navigator.appCodeName);
document.write("<li><b>App Name:</b> " + navigator.appName);
document.write("<li><b>App Version:</b> " + navigator.appVersion);
document.write("<li><b>User Agent:</b> " + navigator.userAgent);
document.write("<li><b>Language:</b> " + navigator.language);
document.write("<li><b>Platform:</b> " + navigator.platform);
</script>
</ul>
<hr>
</body>
</html>
Python wrote:
There should be one-- and preferably only one --obvious way to do it.

What are they referring to? ++var? var++? var+=1? var=var+1? I don't understand. Laughing
I don't really know what that line means either. Perhaps it has something to do with the way python makes you format your code.
lafferjm wrote:
Check it out here are a few things that some of you might or might not have known.

Python secret handshake
Open a python interpreter and type
Code:
import this
. Pretty neat huh.

IE 6/7 are wannabes
Save the following code and open it up in IE 6 or 7 and you will see what i mean.

Code:

<html>
<head>
<title>Browser Information</title>
</head>
<body>
<h1>Browser Information</h1>
<hr>
<p>
The <b>navigator</b> object contains the following information
about the browser you are using.
</p>
<ul>
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
document.write("<li><b>Code Name:</b> " + navigator.appCodeName);
document.write("<li><b>App Name:</b> " + navigator.appName);
document.write("<li><b>App Version:</b> " + navigator.appVersion);
document.write("<li><b>User Agent:</b> " + navigator.userAgent);
document.write("<li><b>Language:</b> " + navigator.language);
document.write("<li><b>Platform:</b> " + navigator.platform);
</script>
</ul>
<hr>
</body>
</html>

I don't think the IE6/IE7 one is an Easter Egg.
Yeah. It's just saying it's compatible with Mozilla 4.0. (Except for the code name..)
But it is still pretty funny how its code name is Mozilla and its app name is Microsoft Internet Explorer.
haveacalc wrote:
Python wrote:
There should be one-- and preferably only one --obvious way to do it.

What are they referring to? ++var? var++? var+=1? var=var+1? I don't understand. 0x5

In various languages (such as C), you can prefix OR postfix a variable with -- (and, of course, ++) - if you don't know what it does (or the difference between post- and prefixing), then google it - I don't feel like explaining it). That is what they are making fun of.

@lafferjm: You only find the "IE/Mozilla" thing funny because you are an idiot. Its not a code name, and it has nothing to do with the Mozilla web browsers.
I had a smilie! It was a joke.
haveacalc wrote:
I had a smilie! It was a joke.

psst, that was more for lafferjm - see his post under yours. I quoted you, however, as it provided a nice ground on which to build my response Wink.
I know it has nothing to do with mozilla(well actually it sorta does). I also know why they did it so i don't think i am an idiot.
lafferjm wrote:
I know it has nothing to do with mozilla(well actually it sorta does). I also know why they did it so i don't think i am an idiot.

If that were true then you would know it wasn't an "easter egg" or IE attempting to be something its not, nor would you find it post worthy. But obviously that isn't true, as you posted it.
Yay! Let's all be cynical for no real reason! Razz
Oh yeah. They did it so that people with ie could view sites that were set up for mozilla only. Thought i didn't know.
lafferjm wrote:
Oh yeah. They did it so that people with ie could view sites that were set up for mozilla only. Thought i didn't know.

And clearly you don't. Care to guess again?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours