About two weeks ago, I bought Scurge:Hive for Nintendo DS. It's actually a rather fun game. Although it's technically a Metroid spoof/rip, it doesn't feel like it.

Essentially, Scurge is about a bounty hunter named Jenosa Arma who is tasked with salvaging technology from a research lab that was overwhelmed by the infectious organism Scurge. The moment the game starts, Jenosa is infected with scurge and the fun begins. Not only must you salvage the lab's technology, but you must constanly seek out Decontamination rooms to help reduce the Scurge infection (100% infection causes rapid loss of health and you can't really be "cured" of it).

Unlike Metroid, Scurge is played from an isometric view (leading to periodic difficulties in judging distance) and Jenosa talks (even swears). Like in the Metroid games, the sole tasks in Scurge are to explore, kill enemies, and upgrade your prototype suit.

If any of you guys have a DS lying around, I suggest you go out and buy Scurge. It's a long game (20 hours, I believe) so it's very useful whenever your bored with nothing else to do.

(you know, I ought to edit this. It's pretty long ^^;; )
My parents have been trying to spend less as of late, or I might get it (I don't want to waste an entire game on something that some dude posted online, I could get Super Mario Bros or something).

So there's no chance I'll try it... At least not until I've beaten Pokemon Diamond (which I'm nearly done with, BTW).
It costs only 20 bucks, actually.

Oh, and I failed to mention:
An aspect of Scurge is its "rock paper scissors" system. Essentially, there are three main weapons you use: EMP, Combustion, and Dissipate.

-EMP beats mechanical enemies but powers up energy-based ones
-Dissipate beats energy-based enemies but powers up organic ones
-Combustion beats organic enemies but powers up mechanical ones

There are other weapons too, but they serve other purposes (you DO have a neutral weapon in addition). What's interesting about this is that enemies of all types are attacking you constantly, forcing you to use some strategy (no run-&-gun-ing)
Xphoenix wrote:
My parents have been trying to spend less as of late, or I might get it (I don't want to waste an entire game on something that some dude posted online, I could get Super Mario Bros or something).

So there's no chance I'll try it... At least not until I've beaten Pokemon Diamond (which I'm nearly done with, BTW).

Your PARENTS? Dude, get a job and make your own money. Quit leeching off your parents Razz.
gas·o·line (n)
A volatile mixture of flammable liquid hydrocarbons derived chiefly from crude petroleum and used principally as a fuel for internal-combustion engines. It's price has been known to rise above $3.50 per gallon.
Yes? Your point? I have a job and I am easily able to afford video games and gas - and I only get 15 mpg. So how is gasoline keeping you from getting a job?
Hnnn....another thing I have forgotten to mention is that you can level up Jenosa. Defeated enemies leave behind "bio-energy", floating green globs that not only restore your health but give you XP. Leveling up (duh ^^; ) gives you more HP and makes your attacks stronger.
I would get a job except it is kinda hard to find one right now... Maybe next year (There are so many great games coming out to! Sad )

I wish I had a DS, that sounds fun Smile
yeah, you can't be picky about your job. Right now, I flip Butterburgers around to make some money, but hey, it is a job.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours