Ideally the users. I'm creating a new version of my site, and I have installed WordPress, and planning on installing phpBB 3 once it is offically released.

I want a visitor to be able to create an account on either phpBB3 or WordPress, and have an automated system duplicate the information to the other database; and I've come here for help.

If any of you can help, much appreciated! I will provide as much info as I can via this thread, other info will be sent through PM's.

Here's some specs (sorry, no formatting Sad):

~User info should be editable/deletable when a user changes any part of their information or I delete an account.
~Possibly a dynamic system so I can duplicate the file(s) when I add a photo gallery - developer yet to be determined - I'm planning on adding a photo gallery supplied by my web host, however.

And thats about it. If I'm too vague on details, say so. I myself feel like I left some vital info out, but since I have a crunch on time, I have no time to check Sad

Thanks!
-Alex
You'd have to just figure out what columns comprise the respective user tables, write two functions, one for phpBB-->WordPress and one visa-versa, and have each function automatically determine whether to add a new user or update an existing user.
Heres what I would do: Make both registration forms include the same functions file, then when someone registers a new user, make it add to both WordPress and the phpBB DB. Now, this may take a bit of research to find out how each system registers new users to the DB, but thats what I would do. Another reason why this is a good idea, is a lot of the time I like to study how other systems work, so I can make mine better. By studying phpBB and WordPress's code, you can learn a lot even if you're experienced.

Another way to do it is like this:
If referrer==WordPress Register Form
then after WordPress registers user, submit the same info to the phpBB Register form. and return to the system the user originally registered on.

----------------
Now playing: Breaking Benjamin - Evil Angel
via FoxyTunes
Ya know, to include both functions sounds quite logical. I'll check it out Smile

Thanks Swivel Very Happy
Of course. Tell me how it works out.

----------------
Now playing: Breaking Benjamin - You Fight Me
via FoxyTunes

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours