I am running ubuntu and have searched under synaptic and add/remove programs and was unable to find tilp 2. So i went and found the source. After i found the source i started installing the libs that were needed. I installed ticalcs2, then ran the configure script for tilp. It gave me an error saying it couldn't be found. So after that i installed ticalcs4, and it was found but was said to be less than version 2. Has anyone else had this problem, or know how i can fix it so that i can begin connecting my calc again.
sudo apt-get install tilp2... but it should be in the repositories already.
Yeah, TiLP2 isn't in the Universe repository. Razz What did the documentation say about it?
It told me that the library ticalcs2 could not be found then just stopped.
interesting. last time I installed TILP2 on Ubuntu, I had to compile it, but it wasn't too bad.
TiLP2, along with its dependencies and other calculator-related programs for Linux, are available at http://repo.calcforge.org/

Note that the Debian repos should work almost completely fine on Ubuntu. The last time I was on Ubuntu, the only problem I noticed was very minor - links to the programs weren't automatically added to my GNOME and KDE menus.

And, regarding the error you got when compiling, you need to have ticalcs2-dev (or something like that, the exact filename might differ slightly), or the development version of the ticalcs2 library if you're going to be compiling the source (which you might not do anyway now because I've provided you with a link to binaries, but this is for future reference too). And, although you probably did do this, make sure to do ./configure, make, AND sudo make install.
yes i did do ./configure make make install. Thanks for the binaries, it allowed me to get tilp installed. Now i just have to hope it can send files.

EDIT: It worked thanks. Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours