rivereye wrote:
While I have never used an Express Edition, I have heard that in most cases, they can do what most people need out of them. Granted, if you can get the Pro's for free, then why not really.

did you ever read the story about the guy who was given some award by the MSDN community for a plugin he wrote for Pro, and then microsoft tried to sue him because he wrote it using the Express Edition.
elfprince13 wrote:
rivereye wrote:
While I have never used an Express Edition, I have heard that in most cases, they can do what most people need out of them. Granted, if you can get the Pro's for free, then why not really.

did you ever read the story about the guy who was given some award by the MSDN community for a plugin he wrote for Pro, and then microsoft tried to sue him because he wrote it using the Express Edition.

No, but that sounds pretty fake to me...
IMO, Eclipse is the best IDE out there. It includes plug-ins for C++ and C, so you should check it out. (eclipse.org).
Kllrnohj wrote:
No, but that sounds pretty fake to me...

nope, it was on zdnet or the register or somesuch.
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
IMO, Eclipse is the best IDE out there. It includes plug-ins for C++ and C, so you should check it out. (eclipse.org).

Oh god eclipse sucks. Buggiest IDE I've ever used. It would literally crash every ~30 minutes or so, and the visual editor is a flaming piece of crap. At least on Windows.

I tried in on Linux, and it seemed a bit more stable, but the windows version left too much of a sour taste in my mouth.

Still, even if it didn't crash and was rock solid stable, it doesn't come anywhere near Visual Studio levels. I'm still looking for a Linux IDE with code completion half as decent as VS's IntelliSense (speaking of which, one of the original creators/coders of intellisense teaches at my school, weee...)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours