now, is there any way to type inverted tesxtr in basic without having to change the pixels? For example, is there something you could put into the Text( function to do write like that?
Negatory. You would have to use a tiny ASM subprogram to set/reset inverted text.
yah, didn't think so.
thanks anyways
OR bunches and bunches of pxl test routines.. but that would take AGES
ya...like ur signature....it would be a wate of time/life

[edit} i like asking alot of BASIC questions....
whenever i have something to ask, ill make sure i do it here {edit]
clementop wrote:
ya...like ur signature....it would be a wate of time/life

[edit} i like asking alot of BASIC questions....
whenever i have something to ask, ill make sure i do it here {edit]
Good thinking. That will help avoid tons of extraneous topics.
Or you could write your own graphscreen font code and do not only inverted text but bubble letters, icons, rotated letters etc... =D It would take a lot of time but heh it would give you some nice all-basic graphical effects =D
rthprog wrote:
Or you could write your own graphscreen font code and do not only inverted text but bubble letters, icons, rotated letters etc... =D It would take a lot of time but heh it would give you some nice all-basic graphical effects =D
The problem with something like that is that it's quite slow. For an example, check out my 3x3 font display routine:

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/325/32589.html

'nuff said. Razz
Yeah, I was going to make a snide necroposting comment at some point, but I didn't get a chance. :/
KermMartian wrote:
rthprog wrote:
The problem with something like that is that it's quite slow. For an example, check out my 3x3 font display routine:

hmm I started experimenting with/developing a 8x9 font some time back and by augmenting matrices (and displaying pixels in vertical order) the speed wasn't half bad...
rthprog wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
rthprog wrote:

hmm I started experimenting with/developing a 8x9 font some time back and by augmenting matrices (and displaying pixels in vertical order) the speed wasn't half bad...
Got any code you could post up? That sounds like a decent idea.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours