actually, I meant I would post and anyone could tell me wtf is wrong or what needs to be done next Razz
tifreak8x wrote:
So, I get that all put together, would you mind assisting me through the construction of it?
Totally missed this post. I would be happy to guide you through this.
Awesome. ^_^

I will see about setting that table up, and then from there, see where I need to go.. Also, you store the info of the programs into a db as well, right? What kind of format do you use for that?
tifreak8x wrote:
Awesome. ^_^

I will see about setting that table up, and then from there, see where I need to go.. Also, you store the info of the programs into a db as well, right? What kind of format do you use for that?
Oh, that thing is massive. Here's the column dump:

Code:
--
-- Table structure for table 'archives_files'
--

CREATE TABLE archives_files (
  fileID int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  author text NOT NULL,
  `type` smallint(6) NOT NULL default '0',
  createDate bigint(20) NOT NULL default '0',
  updateDate bigint(20) NOT NULL default '0',
  filename text NOT NULL,
  secondname text NOT NULL,
  mainpath text NOT NULL,
  secondpath text NOT NULL,
  title text NOT NULL,
  description text NOT NULL,
  screenArray text NOT NULL,
  depth tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0',
  comments smallint(6) NOT NULL default '0',
  votes int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  voteSum int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  coauth1 int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  coauth2 int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  coauth3 int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  dlCount int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  pageViews bigint(20) NOT NULL default '0',
  reviewcount int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  commentArray text NOT NULL,
  reviewArray text NOT NULL,
  UNIQUE KEY fileID (fileID)
)
I see, that seems pretty straight forward there... Seems I have lots of work to do in the database setup before any pages need to be created, huh... Razz
tifreak8x wrote:
I see, that seems pretty straight forward there... Seems I have lots of work to do in the database setup before any pages need to be created, huh... Razz
Yup. There's only two things I see there that might not be self-explanatory. Votes and VoteSum are for ratings. I calculate the average rating by rounding the quotient of VoteSum over Votes. Also, type is either 0 (for all normal files) or 1 (used for making shortcuts to a program in the file system).
Mexi1010 wrote:
I thought what Kerm was trying to say is that if someone types in something for the get variable in the address bar that might get sent over the SQL query, then they could try and hack the site. I am just saying check it to make sure it is an number and not something that you would not want them sending through.

That is called "SQL Injection", and it has nothing to do with get/post variables.
KermMartian wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:
Yup. There's only two things I see there that might not be self-explanatory. Votes and VoteSum are for ratings. I calculate the average rating by rounding the quotient of VoteSum over Votes. Also, type is either 0 (for all normal files) or 1 (used for making shortcuts to a program in the file system).

All right, that makes sense too. Not sure how you are utilizing the review part of the table, but I suppose that could either be explained later, or not used. Not really sure if I would ned the 'type' though.. :/

Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours