i created a simple chat program and i was wondering if there is any command i could use to see if something has been sent and one that sends without the receiving calculator using getcalc( the code i am using for my current program is:

Code:

:Lbl 1
:ClrHome
:Menu("CHAT","SEND",S,"RECIEVE",R,"QUIT",Q
:Lbl S
:Input "MSG:",Str1
:Goto 1
:Lbl R
:GetCalc(Str1
:Output(1,1,Str1
:Pause
:Goto 1
:Lbl Q
:DelVar Str1ClrHome
Other than using ASM or a library or hook app, your only option is GetCalc(). Nice job with this though.
you *could* have a variable (such as N) represent whether or not there is a "new" message. For example, for the send

Code:
if N
str1 + str2 -> str2

and for receive

Code:
getcalc(N
if (N)
then
getcalc(str2)
Disp str2
Well, of course, but he said he wanted to do it without GetCalc(). lafferjm, that's your best alternative if you decide to continue using GetCalc().
alright i think i will try out kllrnohj idea
Cool, let us know how that turns out. It's going to be the simplest and probably best way to do this.
Speaking of calc-chat, is there any way to lengthen the cable? It might be useful if you could have a conversation with someone across the room...
Aeromax wrote:
Speaking of calc-chat, is there any way to lengthen the cable? It might be useful if you could have a conversation with someone across the room...
Only to a certain length, about 6 feet or so. Longer than that and you'll get signal degradation; you'd want hardware on each end to clean up the input signal, probably some kind of op-amp comparator.
Or just slap an RF transciever on each end. Evil or Very Mad

(Yeah, you'd need some support logic, unless you had two modules for each Sad)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours