First, is it downloadable? I'd like to have a version of it offline (my home internet doesn't work and I can't use library computers for anything).

Secondly, I know there's a way to convert .x8p files into plain text, but is there a converter to turn plain text into .x8p files? Obviously there would be issues with token configuration ("Disp" versus "D" "i" "s" "p") but that could be resolved with an escape sequence that isn't represented on the calculator (like ~Disp).

Just a thought. I've tried using emulators to edit programs, but 1) typing on those is impossible because the key layout on an emulator is completely different than a text editor and 2) there's no way that I know of to save the programs once edited in the emulator.
Actually, the newest version of Wabbitemu lets you retrieve variables from the emulated calculator, which I think is very nifty.
SourceCoder 2 lets you convert .8xp to text, text to .8xp, and allows you to save your programs on Cemetech while you're working on them.
KermMartian wrote:
SourceCoder 2 lets you convert .8xp to text, text to .8xp, and allows you to save your programs on Cemetech while you're working on them.

Any possibility of a download in the near future? Or is that even an issue?

EDIT: I also don't see anywhere that I can convert text to .8xp, or do I have to upload a .8xp first?
Aeromax wrote:

EDIT: I also don't see anywhere that I can convert text to .8xp, or do I have to upload a .8xp first?

I doubt you'll see a download - its in PHP, and I don't think Kerm is going to make it open source. As for the second part, you are supposed to be able to create a new one, but the new button seems to be missing... o.0
Kllrnohj wrote:
Aeromax wrote:

I doubt you'll see a download - its in PHP, and I don't think Kerm is going to make it open source. As for the second part, you are supposed to be able to create a new one, but the new button seems to be missing... o.0
...You mean you guys can't see the "New Project" button?
KermMartian wrote:

Negative. Under the "Manage My Projects" heading all it has is "(No Projects Found. Click "New" to create one.)" No New or New Project button/link of any kind.
KermMartian wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
Aeromax wrote:

DOO HOO HOO

Might want to fix that Razz
Should be fixed, let me know if it's not.
Yeah, it works now. Thanks.
Aeromax wrote:
Yeah, it works now. Thanks.
Good, glad to hear it. I never would have noticed that on my own because it only shows up for people who don't already have any projects.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours