I'm running Vista, and my calculator can no longer connect with it!
As of yesterday (when I put Doors CS6 on), it was working.
When I connect the calculator, Vista makes the "doodun" sound and identifies the driver.
Oh yeah, I'm using the USB cable, plain direct cable.
Ti-Connect sucks. Reformat your computer, erase all of your data, don't back it up, and reinstall.
TI-Connect failes HARD when the direct usb linking is concerned. You would be better off looking for the silver link and just using it.
Any easy place to find the good ol' silver link?
'Cause I lost mine.
ebay, staples, ebay, circuit city, ebay, walmart... Razz
So go to walmart.com and enter...
Ti Silverlink?
You could try that. Or heck, go to http://education.ti.com and look for it there.
Well I found it on Ebay.
Costs about $11 on average.
Blih, bleh. My computer does the same thing to me, and I've found out what you have to do.

Plug in the TI-8x and go to the control panel. Then open the System tab, go to the Device Manager, and open the USB devices tab. Uninstall the TI-8x (it should appear, if it doesn't YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG). Unplug it and plug it back in. A window should come up saying "Install this program blih bleh". Click on "automatically install software". It's then going to tell you "ZOMG ITS NOT OFFICIAL WINDOWS BLIH BLEH". Screw that, install it anyway. It'll then take about 5 minutes for no apparent reason, then it'll work.

Of course, don't unplug the calculator or you'll have to do the whole thing over again.

(I have XP, it works for me and might not work for you so whatever man).
Oh my god thanks man that worked perfectly!
Reapex wrote:
Oh my god thanks man that worked perfectly!

Yay, I'm useful!
Where we go back to just getting a silver link, and problem solved completely. Razz
Of course, if you're running 64-bit Vista, you're just completely screwed linking-wise. Hooray for VMWare, so I can give a 32-bit XP VM access to my USB.
The Tari wrote:
Of course, if you're running 64-bit Vista, you're just completely screwed linking-wise. Hooray for VMWare, so I can give a 32-bit XP VM access to my USB.
Hooray indeed. What about TiLP, does it support 64-bit Vista properly?
There don't appear to be 64-bit builds of TiLP, but it would probably work if you built it yourself and manually disabled the driver signing requirement.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours