http://tifreakware.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=1320&st=0

This is the current progress on it thus far. Razz
For the lazy and/or those who don't frequent TIFW, TIFreak8x is working on porting his AOD to the TI-86. He put Pokemon Purple on hold to work on it; his current status:

tifreak8x wrote:
All right, I will be posting the beta sometime this weekend. I am right now working on going through a lil bit of the game myself, to make sure some of the basic aspects of the game work.

Ok, got to playing it, and I have numerous errors to correct. So far:

X - When going into a battle, it auto flees, all the time. (Z==93, not Z=93.. silly 86 syntax...)
X - When the enemy attacks... it attacks itself (string display problem)
X - Errors out when the enemy data loads (forgot to add in an enemy o_O)
- Attacking does not work, guessing a problem with too many End commands
Hey... This was my attempt to get more traffic to the forums. Razz

Anyways, back to bug squashing...

Edit:

I have completed some more bug squashing, getting closer to a real beta.

Quote:
Ok, got to playing it, and I have numerous errors to correct. So far:

X - When going into a battle, it auto flees, all the time. (Z==93, not Z=93.. silly 86 syntax...)
X - Attacking does not work, guessing a problem with too many End commands
X - Corrected a problem with the items system (text in wrong spot, getky was not even in the code... <_<)
X - Stats menu in battle did not show the name of the person (had STR1 instead of Str1)
- stats needs to be moved around some, to make it fit properly in the border

I will *try* to keep the above list updated here, though it will be updated at tifw.
The awesomeness known as TI-Freakware wrote:
Bugs so far:

X - Attacking does not work, guessing a problem with too many End commands
X - Corrected a problem with the items system (text in wrong spot, getky was not even in the code... dry.gif)
X - Stats menu in battle did not show the name of the person (had STR1 instead of Str1)
X - stats needs to be moved around some, to make it fit properly in the border (combined Attack and Defense on the same line, moved over 2 pixels)
X - list of magic, when used, info is displayed over list of magics available (moved text over by 20)
X - Enemy strikes text is off when damaged and when misses. (adjusted text placement)
X - Cannot enter the village (because of alignment issues, had forgotten to adjust values for the placement of towns and such on the map)

Well, I have successfully made it so I can enter the town, battle enemies, heal myself via magic, and save/load works. I am thinking a beta is VERY soon, read: tomorrow. Smile Just want to make sure a lil more of the game works before I go tossing it around...
Well well well... Looks like I managed to make my deadline. Very Happy

http://tifreakware.net/tifreak8x/aod/aod86.zip

There is the beta, check it out, find bugs and let me know. If you don't find bugs, that would be uber sweet. Very Happy

Make sure you record everything if you do get a bug though, so I know wtf to do to recreate it and fix it. Also, save often.
OMG, still working on this too. Been playing through myself, and recording problems I stumble into. Once I get through the first dungeon successfully, I will see about releasing a new version.
http://tifreakware.net/tifreak8x/aod/aod86.zip

This file update includes too many bug fixes to talk about, however, I have confirmed solid game play through to the second stage of the game, and I will keep playing, to try to make sure all bugs are eliminated. Enjoy!
Well, new updated posted, http://tifreakware.net/tifreak8x/aod/aod86.zip

Bugs that have been fixed since I have been testing through it:

-Insufficient MP Message does not have a border when it displays (found it annoying, it is no longer in the game)

-double flash after user attack

-move 'cannot flee' to the right by 10 pixels

-move 'learned <magic>' up 1 pixel, to the right 9 pixels

-no pause when casting Ice

-Move character up when exiting a place

-Cave does nothing (stupid me forget an End <_< )

-Does not display damage dealt for Ice attack

-Tower area 1 has extra exit

-Moved Ether item screen clear to the right 2 pixels

-Exiting Tower 1 puts you at the Cave

-Move clearing for potions in item usage screens to the right 4 pixels

-No border after leaving the Inn

-Village Text from first village shows up in village #2

-double flashes border with villager's text

-Portal 1 goes no where

-Portal 2 gives undefined error without the 3rd crystal
Oh cool, that's a lot of bugs that got fixed. I can only assume that the list of pending bugs has shrunk significantly?
Well, there really are no pending bugs, just bugs that I stumble upon and fix. :/ Since I am currently in the last dungeon, there is not really a whole lot more to check out before I can put out a final release. Hopefully by Sunday?