In before 'HOLY CRAP AEROMAX ISN'T DEAD'. I've just been doing a lot of other crap.

Anyway, I've been doing a lot of things since I was last here.

First of all, I finished LINE CHASER V1.0; its processes are optimized as hell, it has a nice GUI, it stores 50 high scores, a total number of games played and a total sum of all games played (thus giving an average). And it archives aforementioned lists. (For those of you unfamiliar with LINE CHASER, you control a line with the arrow keys and try to escape a computer-controlled line that's chasing you). So that's good.

I also used the frame from LINE CHASER to make another game, ROTARIANISM V1.0. In this game you use the arrow keys to swing a line around a central point. Lines come from the right side of the screen and you have to hit them with your line. They get gradually faster. The GUI and high score setup is the same as LINE CHASER, it just uses a different list for the high scores and has a different game engine/slightly different interface.

Thirdly, I've got a so-so text editor working. It can open/save to Str9, Str8, Str7 and Str6. It also displays the entire string on the home screen and you can scroll through the string with the arrow keys, and edit it at any point.

Next is the QWERTY mod. This isn't optimized and probably needs to be rewritten (I'm not too good with string functions), but essentially it turns the calc's keypad into a QWERTY keyboard (you turn it sideways, with the screen to the left of the keypad, and type as you would normally). Problems with this include the inability to display sideways text without using ENORMOUS subroutines, the slight difference between the TI-QWERTY and a regular one (keys aren't arranged exactly the same and I'd need to buy a new faceplate to put labels on them), end result = you can't see what the hell you're doing whilst typing QWERTY-style.

I've also done a couple polynomial zero finders.

But finally, TRI-PYTHO is the magnum opus I've been trying to do right since 7th grade (3 years now). It will solve a right triangle completely (all three sides, three angles etc) from any two pieces of information about the triangle, sides and/or angles. Of course it's impossible to get sides from two angles, but that's an entirely different matter.

Anyway, these are the things I've haxed lately. I could transfer them to the computer but it would be an enormous pain in the a; if you want to see any of my programs, just ask and I'll see what I can do about getting them but I don't want to go through all that effort if nobody wants them.
cool.... but sideways qwerty is a pain with the screen.... an onscreen keyboard would be somewhat simpler and equally practical...

could u post up ur txt editor? I would love to see it.... have you considered storing all "textfiles" in a single string & using a list to identify string length? for example, 3 strings "Text1" "text2", and "text3" could be stored as "Text1text2text3" & {1,6,11,15}. To read just do sub(String,List(N),List(N+1)-List(N)...where N is the identifier of the "file" you want to read....

that triangle-program dosent sound overtly complicated... do remember that SSA has multiple solutions... =D

btw, how hard is it to link? haha =D
rthprog wrote:
cool.... but sideways qwerty is a pain with the screen.... an onscreen keyboard would be somewhat simpler and equally practical...
[...]
Something like this, perchance? Smile
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/275/27542.html
At rthprog: That's my main problem as of now. If I can obtain another faceplate, it'll be simple to sand it down and carve the keymap into it, so it'll be a lot easier to type, but yeah. The only way I can see sideways text working at all is to use the graph screen to turn individual pixels on and off (I can use lists/etc to optimize it but ultimately I'm going to have to use PxlOn and PxlOff)... unless someone's got a better idea.

About the text editor: It's not really that advanced, I wrote it in a couple hours so I could jot down some notes in archive memory. It uses typed commands, which are a pain, so I'm going to have to rewrite the homescreen. But that's a pretty cool idea, what with storing multiple files in the same string. The only problem I'd see with that would be if you had a huge file and had to unarchive/archive/edit it every time you changed something else in the string.

And the triangle program is real simple-like, too. I set up a flowchart and everything before I wrote it, too, so it isn't a garbled mess of randomly placed subroutines. What it does is it has a Menu( where you can input variables from one of the 5 options. After you input however many you have, you choose "CALCULATE" from the menu and it starts running. First, it goes through the angle process. If either of the angles are missing and the other angle's present, it just subtracts the other angle from 90. Then, if there are no angles present, it determines which sides are present and uses them to get the angles. Then it goes to the side computing section, where if two sides are present it uses them to get the third one. If only one side is present, it uses this side and the angles to get the other sides. Then it checks to see if all the variables have been determined. If they've been found, it displays them and ends; if they haven't been determined, it goes back to the angle computing section.

@ Kerm: I don't get the purpose of your keyboard...? I mean, it's on the screen, but that doesn't help me. Unless there's something that I'm not getting; could you explain what the program does?
Ah, I did the multi-document single-string thing once, I think I released it as the latest BASIC version of Document DE. Regarding the onscreen keyboard, the idea is to add a getkey / Pxlchange overlay to let you use the arrow keys and enter to select and click keys for things like name or initial entry for characters, high scores, etc. It's meant to save you the trouble of alpha-keys if you don't understand the concept of [ALPHA]. Smile
But it is basically opposite in purpose to the topic program, isn't it? Kerm's program makes typing simpler and slower, while Aeromax's makes it more complicated and faster, at least in theory.
jbr wrote:
But it is basically opposite in purpose to the topic program, isn't it? Kerm's program makes typing simpler and slower, while Aeromax's makes it more complicated and faster, at least in theory.
That is indeed correct, but I think it's still a useful discussion of various typing methods even if it's not directly relevant to the original discussion. Smile
In that case you could consider a expanded T9-esque system... certainly would make the frantic txter feel at home =D Or use "2-letters" per key for a qwerty "suretype" keyboard, sans a lib...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours