Yeah but his whole goal is to go pure basic.
Well, it's too late for that, considering how much he relies on Celtic2, not to mention the other various ASM programs that have made their way into the game.
noahbaby94 wrote:
Yeah but his whole goal is to go pure basic.

No, it was to use as little asm as possible. I knew from the begining I would require some asm assistance.

@jbr: It would require considerably more work and added data space. The asm program assumes the sprite is 32 pixels wide if it does not encounter a 'G' character. So, since they are 16x16 sprites, it will stretch them out. Besides, the sprite displaying is still quite fast, it is not like that extra second is going to kill anything...
Hey, it's certainly a great program, I was just responding to your question (if there was anything that needed to be changed). I mean, if one slow part is the biggest problem I can find, I would say that you're doing pretty well.
Ah, ok, thanks for the compliment. Smile

I have started hammering out the beginnings of the walking engine to detect the pokeballs being selected. This should not take too long to get it first to work outside of the event, and then to make them work in the event. I also need to add to the NPC dialogue for Oak and Gary.

I have managed to fix one little thing that I didn't deal with before hand. You could go along a wall that is above you, and press up, but the character would not change. This is now fixed. bwhahaha

Anyways, I will resume work on this tomorrow.
This is really going well, tifreak; I can't wait for the next beta. Smile
Ok, little bit of a status update on pokemon purple..

I have been hung up on a problem with getting all three pokemon. I had not figured out the exact cause of the problem yet, though I know it has something to do with the way I have been using variables.

At this point, I need to go through each program, and write out the code. I can't print it off, because I have no ink for my printer and no money to buy ink. Once I can rearrange how the variables are used, this *should* fix the problem.
tifreak8x wrote:
Ok, little bit of a status update on pokemon purple..

I have been hung up on a problem with getting all three pokemon. I had not figured out the exact cause of the problem yet, though I know it has something to do with the way I have been using variables.

At this point, I need to go through each program, and write out the code. I can't print it off, because I have no ink for my printer and no money to buy ink. Once I can rearrange how the variables are used, this *should* fix the problem.
Hooray, it's been quite a while! Couldn't you go print it out at the library?
Sadly, no. They charge money for each page printed or something. :/ If nothing else, this will give me a chance to get intimate with my code, and get better at writing.. Razz

Page 13 of 13
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours