I'm making a CSS for a journal on a website. And I thought it'd be awesome to have a changing theme. Like, maybe it changes colours, or the footer and header change while still matching. Just something.

How would I go around making a script that saves another image to a PNG? And have that script save two related images to two different PNG's. And, for pure coolnes, a script that combines another image to the header, so the header is rarely the same. But, I can do with out the second suggestion.

I'm thinking along the lines of having two or three directories: Header, Body, Footer. I probably won't do a body image, since It'll probably be black. Don't get on me for using black... I know it's over used by orange and yellow doesn't go well on White, or blue.

Anyways, within each directory I'll have images with a name that matches another image in the other directory(ies).

Sorry for any discrepencies in my normal spelling and the ease of reading. I'm moving fast, trying to solve problems on another CSS ASAP because I've put it off for a while... It's for a Friend, I'm just updating her CSS, you may see me asking for help on this as well later on because I can't get this bloody thing to cooprate with me anymore. D:
you can use .htaccess files if your host supports them
I agree with Elfy. This is how I usually do things like that.

Right now you can see a banner on the left column of my website. The image under "Random Stats" is a php script and by using htaccess I can disguise it as a PNG file instead of a PHP file.

Usually pretty simple to do and it gets the job done Razz
Aight, are both scripts realitvely easy? I searched the web with no success, and my PHP skills haven't been flexed for years.
some18kanal0n3 wrote:
Aight, are both scripts realitvely easy? I searched the web with no success, and my PHP skills haven't been flexed for years.

we actually have a topic on how to do exactly this somewhere on Cemetech already.
We do indeed, and it was written by either you or rivereye if I recall correctly. Let me see if I can find it.

The only relevant thing I can find is this: http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=26743
This is one topic I've been thinking about writing about. Maybe making a simple tut for beginners and illiterates. (Not saying you're illiterate or anything).

At the moment I'm bored and don't have anything else to work on, lol...

Interested?
Absolutely, it would teach the basics of htaccess and some rudimentary PHP. Go for it.
swivelgames wrote:
This is one topic I've been thinking about writing about. Maybe making a simple tut for beginners and illiterates. (Not saying you're illiterate or anything).

At the moment I'm bored and don't have anything else to work on, 0x5...

Interested?
Yay Smile
swivelgames wrote:
(Not saying you're illiterate or anything).
No worries, I know what you meant Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours