The Commonwealth Saga by Peter F. Hamilton
Pandora's Star
Judas Unchained

A friend lent me these two books to read, and together they provided me with 2000 pages and several weeks of excellent reading. The Commonwealth Saga builds up an extremely detailed and complete work on humankind three hundred years in the future, where the discovery of wormhole manipulation allows for medium-distance instantaneous travel as well as a near-lightspeed travel method for starships. Humanity has spread across two hundred planets, but (of course) something is wrong. The discovery of two solar systems completely enclosed in massive barriers leads to a rediscovery of starflight and a mission to investigate. When the mission arrives, they find that humanity is under a much larger threat than it ever expected.

Overall I found these books to be very engrossing, with the huge cast of characters and worlds to create a rich experience. However, what made it great for me might be offputting for other people who prefer a less elaborate plot with fewer characters and conflicts to keep track of. I definitely recommend giving Pandora's Star a try.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours