This topic is not so much a 'project in progress' as it is a 'project that is way way old (Feb 05) and I recently found and said "oh hey, you need upgrades kthx"' So I did. =]

http://calcg.org/cgi-bin/files.cgi?id=691

This was built by Fred Sparks, aka CDI, aka Zeromus, specifically for building maps for my RPG Starter Kit version 1. I was going through the files listed in my profile on calcg.org, and saw this, and couldn't remember for the life of me what it was. So after a quick download and look through (grimacing quite hard) I decided that this could be far, far better than it was. The previous version only allowed you the characters available normally. I have made it so now you have access to everything.

So, um, yeah. Discuss. XD

Oh yeah! forgot the link for the RPGSK: http://calcg.org/cgi-bin/files.cgi?id=667
Hmm, looks interesting. There is another one out there that allows for dual layer maps from 1*1 to 16*8. it’s called ASCIIEDIT I think
Yeah, I know of that one, was made after this one was. *shrugs* As stated, I saw it, saw it needed upgrades, and did so. =p It runs really fast, uses only 2 While loops for control, no lbls or gotos (which if you know me well enough, you should know this is nothing new)

If you care to check out the code and see what ops you can do to it, I encourage it. If you take out the string for characters and the ability to look through it, you save roughly 200 bytes over what was from the original program. =]

As it stands now, it is just a hair more in size than the original, with FAR more features.
can you change the map size? I wonder how hard it would be to add dual layering to it...
I don't know. It was designed specifically for RPGSK, nothing else, and RPGSK will pretty much stay as is. There is also RPGSKII, which does scrolling ascii maps, however I have not taken the time to get a working map editor for it. Might do that one of these days, maybe. *shrugs*