i finally found the str commands they are at variables>variables>string Laughing
john massey wrote:
i finally found the str commands they are at variables>variables>string 0x5
Glad to hear it. Smile Just as a point of etiquette, John, it's generally preferable to edit your last post, as long as you are posting within 24 hours, than to "double post".
not 100% sure I get this topic because people kept going from one thing to another, but there is a way to do nested labels. It is with While loops, like I have mentioned somewhere on here before. All you have to do is keep all while loops contained within a main loop, and you can branch around using it.

Gets complicated tho, but it is far faster than using Goto and Lbl
john massey wrote:
well lads & lassies i just now was waking from a a nap when a idea that works. in each case we know that are going to print something.soooooooo. we store our string messages ONLY. then our text command will be for example text(7,0,sub(str1,1,10) and when i run it low and behold it runs!!

but i can find the sub command in the catalog in ti connect but where are the str commands?

...thats what I suggested in the first place... =/

Str commands? the main string commands that I know of are sub( and inString(. I forget their exact names, but there are commands like eval( that lets you evaluate a string, solve( to solve an equation stored in a string, Str>Equ( to store a string to a yVar, etc...

TiConnect? You're not programming directly on the calculator? The calc has its own catalog, and you can always use omnicalc to make a custom list of commands that you use often (I would highly recommend, especially for slow to reach commands like seq(

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours