For some reason my calculator is stuck in

"Waiting...

Please install operating system now."

and after a duration of time it says:

"ERROR!

Press any key to turn unit off. Then turn unit back on."

If I try transferring, it either turns off (breaking the transfer), or pops up the error.

Anyone else have this problem, or a fix for it?

EDIT: Nevermind, I FINALLY managed to load an OS.
I must say, I find this the most annoying error on TI calculators.
Yes that is incredibly annoying I once killed my calc (darn asm) and had to use another calc to send os back and forth
noahbaby94 wrote:
Yes that is incredibly annoying I once killed my calc (darn asm) and had to use another calc to send os back and forth
Yup, that's pretty much the only way to do it.
I searched online a while ago because my 83+ SE wouldn't accept Brandon W's OS2 (I'm currently running 1.19). Anyway, I stumbled upon this while Googling for how to install it:

http://mathbits.com/mathbits/tisection/Tidbits/UpGrade.htm

Although I did not fix my problem and I never tried it, it does have a section about how to fix that message.

Hope this helps. Very Happy [/url]
Check the date next time you post; I'm pretty sure in the year since he's had that problem it's been fixed.
technomonkey76 wrote:
I searched online a while ago because my 83+ SE wouldn't accept Brandon W's OS2 (I'm currently running 1.19). Anyway, I stumbled upon this while Googling for how to install it:

http://mathbits.com/mathbits/tisection/Tidbits/UpGrade.htm

Although I did not fix my problem and I never tried it, it does have a section about how to fix that message.

Hope this helps. Very Happy [/url]
Nice find there, techmonkey; that is indeed quite helpful.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Check the date next time you post; I'm pretty sure in the year since he's had that problem it's been fixed.

I know, but it may help others. Smile

Also I learned that I had to use TI DeviceExplorer to upgrade - I haven't installed an OS in so long that I forgot.
technomonkey76 wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

Also I learned that I had to use TI DeviceExplorer to upgrade - I haven't installed an OS in so long that I forgot.
That's not technically true, you can upgrade from another calculator of the same model with a higher OS version via the unit-to-unit cable. Can you do it with the USB point-to-point cable too?
KermMartian wrote:
technomonkey76 wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

That's not technically true, you can upgrade from another calculator of the same model with a higher OS version via the unit-to-unit cable. Can you do it with the USB point-to-point cable too?

I don't think that "higher OS version" part is enforced anywhere. Even if it is, you can boot into the boot code via ON+DEL or ON+STAT and then do the OS install (and I'm sure that doesn't care about version).

Yes, you can do it with both I/O and direct USB via calculator or computer.
Good to know, thanks for that, BrandonW. You can't do it with computer->calculator USB though, correct?
What, re-install the OS? Of course you can.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours