I have been searching ticalc.org for a good text-inversing program. I want it to be able to run once, use a not on the flag position, and then return back to my program. I was not able to find one, but would think that would be simple to make. If anyone has a good text-inversing program, it would be useful as I am making a basic shell. I don't want it to be a collection of basic tools, just the one tool. If no one has one, then could someone instruct me as to how to make one. Thanks.
I don't know what "use a not on the flag position" means, can you elaborate?

If you want text you're about to display to be inverted, you just need to toggle the bit textInverse,(iy+textFlags) which can be done in a few characters of a hand-typed assembly program.

If you want to invert an area of the screen already drawn, you can access the LCD directly and flip those bits, but that's a little more involved.
About the "not" part, I was refering to makeing a bitwise "not" on that particular bit. Also what about a small program that checks how much memory a program takes up, as in if it was trying to unarchive a program and there was not enough space to unarchive it to.
A small program to invert that bit is easy.

It's a little more involved to see if you have enough memory to unarchive a program, but the simplest thing to do would be to just have an assembly program try it, and if an error is thrown, handle it and return.

As I'm sure you're realizing, a BASIC shell has to rely heavily on assembly helper programs because you can't do the things you need for a shell in BASIC, and at that point, you might be better off writing the whole thing in assembly.
I have found a program that checks how much free ram you have, so after that I just need to see if the size of the program is larger than the free ram you have. Then I would tell the user how much more memory they have. I would try and program it in assembly, but I barely understand it. I have the general idea of it, which I guess is good, but would need a ton of help getting it off the ground. If you could help me with that I would greatly appreciate it.
All you have to do is ask and I and others will help as much as we can.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours