I can confurm that I am not doing the things I should be doing on the Cemetich site of referance. I searched the PC for *.zip for the last week and got nothing.

You just need to tell me how to get the files out of cemetech.

I think it would be nice if I had a word document that I could post on all the sites to tell people what was available to them, and how to go through the process that is a problem for me so interested parties could partipate.
john massey wrote:
I am in a PC with XT.

Windows XP, correct?

john massey wrote:

I brought up the loacation you gave me and I am totally lost as to what to do? I do not think that this software has a speller. If it does have one please tell me how to find it.

1) Go to http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/83plus/basic/math/sendingalltheneededfiles.zip
2) Click on the name of the program.
3) What software does not have a "speller"? Are you talking about Windows XP?

john massey wrote:
I have no idea of how to find the ziped file in the PC, how to unzip it, how to move the word and excell files to the desktop and how to get the three files into the data exitor.

1) How to find the zipped file? It should be wherever you saved it? Perhaps you can download it again from Cemetech
2) How to Unzip a Folder: http://consumerdocs.installshield.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=Q108326&sliceId=1
3) Data editor? Are you talking about TIConnect, or a document/spreadsheet editor? When it comes to TIConnect, you don't _have_ any variables to edit. If you're talking about the latter, you should be able to just double click on your files. If you don't have Microsoft Office installed, Wordpad might be able to open your files.

john massey wrote:
I think it would be nice if I had a word document that I could post on all the sites to tell people what was available to them, and how to go through the process that is a problem for me so interested parties could partipate.

Just send them the link to the Cemetech archive; http://www.cemetech.net/scripts/countdown.php?/83plus/basic/math/sendingalltheneededfiles.zip&location=archive
Well with all you good help I am working in my pc with windows XT.

I have all The software loaded on the pc. I sent you an email this morning with a new version of REDUE22 in it. The code will not run without it and I have noted some changes I have made and the results the changes have made. We could use the readme file with up dates to the progress that has been made by indiviual programmers.

There does not appear to be a speller in this version of XT

I do not know how to get the TI programs into TI connect from the unzipped file.
john massey wrote:
Well with all you good help I am working in my pc with windows XT.

Again, you mean Windows XP, not XT Laughing

john massey wrote:

I have all The software loaded on the pc. I sent you an email this morning with a new version of REDUE22 in it. The code will not run without it and I have noted some changes I have made and the results the changes have made. We could use the readme file with up dates to the progress that has been made by indiviual programmers.

I won't be able to access my email (I'm at school), but you can update the zip in the Cemetech archive yourself.

john massey wrote:

There does not appear to be a speller in this version of XT

What web browser are you using? Browsers such as Firefox and Google Chrome will have spellcheck baked right in.

john massey wrote:

I do not know how to get the TI programs into TI connect from the unzipped file.

While holding down the "Control" key, click on the files you want to send to your calculator. Then, right click and select "Send to TI-device" (it's something like that)
I discovered that I can do all this process on the Mac. I was concerned about my ability to unzip a file. Well the file sent was self extracting. Wonderful.

Now I just need to understand some things.

1. Can you send me a procedure for sending a new program to the Site?

2. How do we communicate with site members to tell them that the site content has been updated and how do we tell them where to look to find out what is going on. Perhaps a program called UPDATE. It would tell them that they need to download new code off the site and then tell them what effect this change has made. Any site member could post an UPDATE.
Or is the way it already works and I am just uninformed or stupid again.

Wink
I just need the procedure on how to update the zip file.
I found one small error in the code that is running on the site now. I neglected to take out one small prgm call. I have fixed it. I just need to know how to get that into the site.
How do I or anyone else know what is going on the Cemetech.net/program site. I am learning things. How do I tell others what is going on.

I noticed with interest what is going on at United TI on a subject called

Mission: Hack the TI Nspire.

There are 380 posts on this subject. I further noticed that responses were on some days a few minutes apart.

Would one of bright folks decide if this is a good idea and put something that I and others can discuss what is happening, so that each one of us is not working without knowing what is going on.

The alternative is, to do it here, but "Calling all Mac"does not seem appropriate. Please advise. Wink
john massey wrote:
Please advise. Wink

1) Avoid double posting (or in this case, quadruple posting?) Rather, use that "edit" button to edit your last post.

2) You could ask an admin (Kerm) to change the name of the thread; however, most people who could help you have probably already seen this thread, since it's in the TIBasic subforum

3) Once you make a modification to your program, just re-zip the files together, and go to http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/83plus/basic/math/sendingalltheneededfiles.zip

First, click "Upload new version". Then, click "browse". Next, select your zip file, and finally press submit. Tada, you're done.
There are a number of things I do not understand.

I do not know how to edit a post.

Do I send only the revised code to the site or all the code?

If I could just:

Show the revised code on a site then explain what is happening with the revision. Then ask for help with specific issue.

For example this morning I started out with the code on the site.
I limited the value of OVER1 to {1}, so that I would not get the running and running in the third flash card. I got an invalid dim error. I looked at J in the home screen it was 17. I looked in OVER1 it had 16 values. How is it possible for J to be 17 when it can by definition only be "1"

My guess is that I do not know how to initialize a letter

Got any ideas.
I have significant progress to report. First about J=17 when J should have been 1.

As unbelievable as it may sound 16 of the 17 extra Js were caused by the embedded comments!
Now comes the issue..If I use this first code J=1 above and 2 below it. That is not only not a good thing but I have absolutely no idea what is causing it. Is it possible to optimize this function so that the problem will just go away?

For(J,1,dim(⌊JONL4
If 3<⌊JONL4(J
J→⌊JONL5(1+dim(⌊JONL5
End

If 3<⌊JONL4(J
then
J→⌊JONL5(1+dim(⌊JONL5
End

This second code gives J=1 on both sides but gives me a invalid dim error on the second pass.

Thanks in advance.
Just click the "edit" button in the top-right corner of any post you have made to edit a post instead of posting twice in a row.

Sorry about that. Sad
although if your posts are a day or two apart it's ok.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours