As you can see I got rid of the problem by cutting and pasting a word document.

I hope you see some information here that will be of value to you. I wonder if the Problem with JONL4 and JONL5 is an effect of the problem and not the cause.

My gut tells me there is something in the way we end REDUE21
Is there any test that I can run that will help us find the answer to the problem. To give you an example, it may not work but it will give you an idea of what I am thinking.

If J=5
STOP
Then I would look at OVER1, JONL4, JONL1 and JONL5 on the home screen
I took my own suggestion and ran my own test.

There are two lines of code that are not working. They both contain stuff that makes no sense at all.

J→⌊JONL5(1+dim(⌊JONL5 // In this case JONL5 had numbers like 1 2 3 and there were more numbers in JONL5 than in JONL4 which are impossible when JONL4 held numbers which were correct.

and

J→⌊JONL1(1+dim(⌊JONL1 // in this case JONL1 held {2 4} which are impossible.

Please advise
I have some late breaking news that shows that the program is not skipping.

To day 1/14 I put a version of SHOWSTUF imbedded in RESUE22. OVER1 in REDUE22 looks like this{1,0,3,0,5,0,7} so values for J of 2 and 4 are illegal if the skipping is done correctly.
SHOWSTUF is shown below. It's function is to display the values shown on each pass of the J loop

ClrHome
Output(1,1,"L4 "
Output(1,5,⌊JONL4
Output(2,1,"L5 "
Output(2,5,⌊JONL5
Output(3,1,"L1 "
Output(3,5,⌊JONL1
Output(4,1,"TWO "
Output(4,5,⌊OVER1
Output(8,1,"JA "
Output(8,5,J
Pause
ClrHome
On each consecutive pass I recorded the values shown below.

Some short hand L4, L5,L1,J
So there we go.
Pass 1
L4 {3}
L5{}
L1{}
J 1
pass two
L4{3,3
L5{}
Li{2}
J 2
pass three
L4{3,3,3,}
L5{}
L1{2}
J 3

pass four
L4 {3,3,3,3}
L5{}
L1 {2,4}
J 4

pass five
L4 {3,3,3,4}
L5{5}
L1{2,4}
J 5.

Some observations about the data. When the program runs the first flash card runs everything is O.K. On the next pass which should be Illegal I get the reversed message. On the third pass which is in the same problem as pass two I get the correct answer. There is a pattern here.

I think that the program is not skipping. Which is something concrete to work on.

I do have any idea on how to work on this but I feel I have provided some data to consider. Rolling Eyes
Umm for the problem with the different dimensions of Ljon4

Are you saying that 3 is to long for the child to answer?
> 3 seconds is too long according to Mary's 13 years of experience.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours