Roughly ten years after Cemetech first evolved out of a hardware company idea I had, named CTech, I am proud to announce that this is the 100,000th post on the Cemetech forum. The current statistics have their origin in 2004, when I introduced an InvisionFree forum to the Geocities website of Cemetech. In the spring of 2005, we moved to better hosting, and I started a phpBB forum that started with over 9,000 posts from the Invisionfree board. The current Cemetech forum is the direct descendant of that phpBB forum; since 2005, we have amassed 1,195 users, who have written 100,000 posts in 3,833 topics totalling 3,622,606 words and garnering 7,055,343 topic views. The Cemetech file archives, long a goal of mine, contain 405 programs and files created by myself and another 44 authors, and in roughly three years have collected 18,048 downloads.

Today, Cemetech is home to diverse conversations on calculator programming, hardware, and modifications, web and computer programming and applications, gaming, general interest, and mostly recently, builds and development in The Better Mod and the upcoming game from several Cemetech members, Freebuild. Here's to many more decades of new friends, new projects, and in the spirit of Cemetech, the continued drive towards the future.

Looking forward to 100,000 more!
Here's to Cemetech.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Here's to Cemetech.
Thanks, comic, hope you get to contribute many of them. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
Here's to Cemetech.

I hope he doesn't.
KermMartian wrote:
Today, Cemetech is home to diverse conversations

Quite diverse indeed.
allynfolksjr wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
Here's to Cemetech.

I hope he doesn't.
You're only making me contribute more Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:

The fact that Nikky was posting at the time seems somehow symbolic...
Woot. I claim 5.6% of those.
elfprince13 wrote:
Woot. I claim 5.6% of those.
Indeed you do, and I several percent over one-quarter of the total posts on Cemetech. Smile
Yay I'm the 44th author who uploaded files!
Nice, welcome to the 100000s club (3rd, actually, I think, right? I think only UTI and yAronet 68k forums ever reached over 100K in the TI community so far.

I am wondering what are the monthly post stats since the Invisionfree board days (if it's still up Invisionfree actually allows you to view your stats in the admin CP)? I am pretty certain around 2005 there were times you probably had in the 5000s or maybe even >9000

I never really contributed much, though, but that's a lot because I am mostly into calculator games discussion

EDIT: Now that I think about it: if we count data losses, isn't Cemetech like at 105000 posts? I know the lost posts from 2005 were backed up (even if corrupted) but not the ones lost in the Jatol incident. Basically I think MaxCoderz would be around 115000 if we counted their old boards (altough their activity dropped a lot lately) and I would need 23032 more on my side to reach 100K. I think TICT board also had pretty close to 100K but their total showed something like 30000-40000 the last time I went there and they seemed quite inactive.
xlibman wrote:
I am pretty certain around 2005 there were times you probably had in the 5000s or maybe even >9000

OVER NINE THOUSAND? THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!
xlibman wrote:
Nice, welcome to the 100000s club (3<sup>rd</sup>, actually, I think, right? I think only UTI and yAronet 68k forums ever reached over 100K in the TI community so far.

I am wondering what are the monthly post stats since the Invisionfree board days (if it's still up Invisionfree actually allows you to view your stats in the admin CP)? I am pretty certain around 2005 there were times you probably had in the 5000s or maybe even >9000
Good question, let me generate the graph for that.

xlibman wrote:
I never really contributed much, though, but that's a lot because I am mostly into calculator games discussion

EDIT: Now that I think about it: if we count data losses, isn't Cemetech like at 105000 posts? I know the lost posts from 2005 were backed up (even if corrupted) but not the ones lost in the Jatol incident. Basically I think MaxCoderz would be around 115000 if we counted their old boards (altough their activity dropped a lot lately) and I would need 23032 more on my side to reach 100K. I think TICT board also had pretty close to 100K but their total showed something like 30000-40000 the last time I went there and they seemed quite inactive.
You know, that's a good point, I totally forgot about that. To quote the news on the Jatol incident:

KermMartian wrote:
The bad part is that I had gotten complacent with Jatol's reliability and hadn't performed a full backup including databases since June 27th, 2007. I had a full file backup of the current iteration of Cemetech, but as the databases are stored separately, about four thousand posts, twenty members, and around two hundred thousand words were lost.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours