I will be spending the day....
With my significant other
 33%  [ 6 ]
Cursing people in relationships
 16%  [ 3 ]
Writing code, eating, watching TV
 50%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 18

Many happy returns of the day to you all. I presume the majority are lamenting their single status, a minority don't care, and another minority are looking forward to spending quality time with their significant other? For my part, I have dinner reservations somewhere special for this evening with my girlfriend. Smile
Bah humbug!
It's nothing more than a commercial creation to guilt trip saps into buying expensive pointless gifts and fattening sweets for somebody that just might be vain enough to BREAK UP with you if you don't gift them those trivial things AND a day for elementary children to get MORE sugar in their bloodstreams! >_<

And Kerm, there's a fatal flaw in your poll. I can only pick one option but CLEARLY I will be cursing people in relationships AND writing code, eating, watching TV
See, Valentine's Day is a tricky time for me. I have to stay single during it to get out of buying a girl flowers, but then get a relationship within 6 days so she'll still get me a birthday present. It's very strategic from an economical view point.

EDIT:

That was a joke, btw.

But anyway, I'll be spending the day at a comedy club. My improv troupe is trying to get a show at it this semester and we wanted to check out the format of their regular improv team. Should be pretty fun.
Happy valentines to you too...
Didn't go too well for me...

Dating for 1 year and about a month, now single...
Derp: that's a bummer.

Kerm: *high five*
In these matters I am the personification of "epic fail".
I sent the Borg queen flowers, so she won't assimilate us this year.
elfprince13 wrote:
Derp: that's a bummer.

Kerm: *high five*
High five back atcha

Derp, sorry to hear it.
My significant other and I will be spending all day together Very Happy
I'm going to a Singles Awareness party in 2 hours
what are these things they call "relationships"
Tis' better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all, d@mn you...
I myself have gotten a crappy shift at work so thats where i'll be.
I got a card this year. From the NHS. "Roses are red; Violets are blue; 1 in 14 have chlamydia; make sure it's not you".

At least they didn't include a sample jar this time.
benryves wrote:
I got a card this year. From the NHS. "Roses are red; Violets are blue; 1 in 14 have chlamydia; make sure it's not you".

At least they didn't include a sample jar this time.

Good thing you didn't, otherwise you'd know they were screwing you.
I spent mine with my significant other, and loved every minute of it. And there's a big difference between celebrating the commercial holiday, and just spending quality time with your partner. I took the ladder approach. Neither of us bought anything for each other, and we just spent the whole day hanging out, and had a blast! Smile
Fun stuff, Swivel. I also had a very fun Valentine's Day. I am surprised to see that other than elfprince, you, and me, there are two other Cemetechians in happy relationships.
I'm, uh... *ahem* ... I'm not. Laughing
Well, technically I spent the day with my "significant other" since we're both in the local scouting group. (but yeah, it's one-way traffic anyway, so, yeah, you get it Wink )

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours