I have a Ti-83+ ,TI connect, and a silverlink cable. The calculator has always had connectivity issues, but now TI Connect is not recognizing it at all (It is not showing up when I scan). It is extremely important that I connect it soon, please help!
Reinstall Ti Connect. I had the same problem, except I had the DirectLink cable.

Better yet, use TiLP. It's got way more capabilities than Ti connect.
NormalKid wrote:
Better yet, use TiLP. It's got way more capabilities than Ti connect.

Downloaded that, when I click ready? it says connection timeout... Sad

NormalKid wrote:
Reinstall Ti Connect. I had the same problem, except I had the DirectLink cable.

Reinstalling as we speak... hope it works.

Also, if helps, I've got my friends calc here, same model, and it connects fine with both programs... My calc would always flicker between found and not, so I would twist or turn the cable until it connected. Nothing is showing up at all any more...
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
I have a Ti-83+ ,TI connect, and a silverlink cable. The calculator has always had connectivity issues, but now TI Connect is not recognizing it at all (It is not showing up when I scan). It is extremely important that I connect it soon, please help!
The solder joints that hold the link port onto the mainboard have failed. This has happened with several of my calculators over years of use, but luckily I'm handy with a soldering iron and comfortable opening up electronics, so it's an easy fix for me.

Reinstalling TI-Connect will not work. Since it's a TI-83+, your only real option would be to repair it. Can you solder? Do you know anyone who can? You need: (1) A Torx-6 wrench (2) A Philips screwdriver (3) solder (4) a soldering iron (5) a steady hand
KermMartian wrote:
Can you solder? Do you know anyone who can? You need: (1) A Torx-6 wrench (2) A Philips screwdriver (3) solder (4) a soldering iron (5) a steady hand

No I can't, afraid I'll destroy it all. I've got a friend whose family business is electrical contracting and fixing up old cars, do you think they could?
Never mind, I asked, and he said yes, but he isn't very good at it. I've got a friend who has the same model calc, and doesn't use it. Me and him are going to trade. Thanks anyways guys!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours