Do you own an Xbox?
yes
 80%  [ 8 ]
no
 20%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

Kllrnohj wrote:
Besides, shooters on a console? That's full of fail unless you're talking about Goldeneye or Perfect Dark on the 64. The rest of 'em suck.

The PlayStation port of DOOM is surprisingly playable too, though DOOM's relatively simple controls help there.
I've been playing the recent Perfect Dark Xbox360 port and I'm enjoying the more fluid controls and gameplay much better than on the N64.
schoolhacker wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:

Not me. The Halo series is a rather mediocre shooter. It isn't even pretty.

Besides, shooters on a console? That's full of fail unless you're talking about Goldeneye or Perfect Dark on the 64. The rest of 'em suck.

normally i would kill anyone who insults the halo series...
but i can't find my satellite ip address localization orbital missile remote... consider yourself lucky...

btw... i played golden eye... it seriously sucks...
at first when you said that tyou dont care about halo, i thought you meant your a COD fan... i am fine with that... but now i just think your an annoying 60 year old guy...

explain yourself please? Evil or Very Mad

To be fair 'nohj, Halo provides solid entertainment that non-hardcore gamers can enjoy as well, making it one of the better games for social LANing. Granted, most shooters bore me after an hour of continous play, and Halo is no exception, but it's certainly no worse than most of the others I've played. I'd be a lot more interested in Halo Reach if it wasn't a 360 exclusive.

schoolhacker, what are you, 12? You can't even talk about GoldenEye unless you played it on an N64 before the release of the gamecube.
comicIDIOT wrote:
In general, online game play is the worst part of a game but it's a strong selling point. When ever I play Unreal Tournament with Kerm, TheStorm and the rest of the gang we have a blast but the thing that lacks is that we don't really team up as often as we should, but that's because we've been playing together for almost a year now and we know how to work together when we fail individually.
This. We still sometimes err on trying to each be heroes in terms of points or flags or kills, but we've learned to trade off things like defense and offense in Capture the Flag games. In Freebuild / TBM / Blockland, there are many more players who want to come and destroy things than want to come work together to build a city or a tower or a spaceship (nb: elfprince, we need to resurrect that project). I definitely agree with comicIDIOT on this one.
elfprince13 wrote:
schoolhacker wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:

but i can't find my satellite ip address localization orbital missile remote... consider yourself lucky...

at first when you said that tyou dont care about halo, i thought you meant your a COD fan... i am fine with that... but now i just think your an annoying 60 year old guy...

To be fair 'nohj, Halo provides solid entertainment that non-hardcore gamers can enjoy as well, making it one of the better games for social LANing. Granted, most shooters bore me after an hour of continous play, and Halo is no exception, but it's certainly no worse than most of the others I've played. I'd be a lot more interested in Halo Reach if it wasn't a 360 exclusive.

schoolhacker, what are you, 12? You can't even talk about GoldenEye unless you played it on an N64 before the release of the gamecube.

i am 18 -.-'
whats with you?
i just dont like golden eye... its simply doesn't fit my playing style...

btw... i like old games too... but just the classics such as pacman and digdug... golden eye is nothing but crap in my eyes... (no offense...)

for FPS i just play CoD and Halo...
schoolhacker wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
schoolhacker wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:

i am 18 -.-'
whats with you?

Funny how everyone who acts like a 12 year old on this forum claims to be 18...

schoolhacker wrote:

btw... i like old games too... but just the classics such as pacman and digdug... golden eye is nothing but crap in my eyes... (no offense...)

This looks like crap to you?

Rumor has it that it'll be ported to the Wii this year; care to try it again then?
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
schoolhacker wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
schoolhacker wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:

i am 18 -.-'
whats with you?

schoolhacker wrote:

This looks like crap to you?

Rumor has it that it'll be ported to the Wii this year; care to try it again then?

yes... its impressive back in the day... but its kinda old now no?

btw... if you want prof that i am 18, then perhaps you should know this:

currently just finished my valedictory last week and i got finals coming up on the 23...

Chemistry 12 and physics 12... i already took math 12 principles last year for fun and got 94% Very Happy

so if you still dont believe me... go ahead and ask me something in those subjects XD

p.s. i prefer Doom then golden eye for retro first person shooters...
since its available on all platforms now unlike golden eye...

plus the ds version kinda kicked it in the balls lol
schoolhacker wrote:

currently just finished my valedictory last week and i got finals coming up on the 23...

Chemistry 12 and physics 12... i already took math 12 principles last year for fun and got 94% Very Happy

so if you still dont believe me... go ahead and ask me something in those subjects XD

Let's picture for a moment that you wanted to buy some cigarettes at a supermarket; would boasting a 94% in "math 12 principles" be sufficient proof of age to the cashier?
I do enjoy a round of Halo 3 here and there with friends, but I'm far from a console guy. I have never bought a game for a console. I'm a PC gamer.

And psh! GoldenEye was the shh...tuff.. (damn word filter Razz )

Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

Hey, I claim to be 20 Razz

schoolhacker wrote:
yes... its impressive back in the day... but its kinda old now no?

p.s. i prefer Doom then golden eye for retro first person shooters...
since its available on all platforms now unlike golden eye...

plus the ds version kinda kicked it in the balls 0x5
You never got around to any English courses, did you?
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
schoolhacker wrote:

Let's picture for a moment that you wanted to buy some cigarettes at a supermarket; would boasting a 94% in "math 12 principles" be sufficient proof of age to the cashier?
Chances are if he has a 94% in "math 12 principles" he is smart enough not to smoke, Ultimate Dev'r. Laughing
KermMartian wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
schoolhacker wrote:

Chances are if he has a 94% in "math 12 principles" he is smart enough not to smoke, Ultimate Dev'r. 0x5

Are you implying cigarettes are bad for your health? On the contrary:
schoolhacker wrote:
does anyone here own an XBox?

I do, but we only use it for Guitar Hero and as a Media Center Extender.

Let me rephrase: my family owns an Xbox360, which stays upstairs under the 48" LCD TV, as opposed to the Wii, which moves between TVs depending on whose planing to play it.
KermMartian wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
schoolhacker wrote:

Chances are if he has a 94% in "math 12 principles" he is smart enough not to smoke, Ultimate Dev'r. 0x5

yeap!
i would rather kill myself then smoke haha

p.s. if i do want to buy something that requires a proof of age, i would just use my driver's license Razz

... and that doctor video made me laugh sooo hard...
besides.. the video said most smoking doctors smoke Camel...
and that simply suggests that the tiny minority group of stupid doctors smoker... the sample size could be only 1 person XD
comicIDIOT wrote:
In general, online game play is the worst part of a game but it's a strong selling point.

Left 4 Dead would like a word with you Wink

schoolhacker wrote:

I'm a gmod. I can delete your posts or edit them to say whatever I want. Consider yourself lucky that I don't think you're worth the effort.

Quote:
at first when you said that tyou dont care about halo, i thought you meant your a COD fan... i am fine with that...

Because Halo and COD are the only FPS series? Ha! I've been playing FPS games since before the PS1 came out, and on the proper platform - the PC. Games like Quake, Doom, Unreal, Unreal Tournament, Counter-Strike, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-life series, Team Fortress 2, Left 2 Dead etc, etc, etc... are all ridiculously good games. Halo is entirely forgettable. COD 1 and 2 were amazing. After that it went down hill. 4 was OK, but the multiplayer sucked. WaW was fun (nazi zombie mode ftw!). MW2 is fun for short periods of time, but certainly nothing special.

Hell, Duke Nukem >>>>>>>>>> CoD >> Halo

Quote:
but now i just think your an annoying 60 year old guy...

o.0

I'm 21 dude.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Because Halo and COD are the only FPS series? Ha! I've been playing FPS games since before the PS1 came out, and on the proper platform - the PC. Games like Quake, Doom, Unreal, Unreal Tournament, Counter-Strike, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-life series, Team Fortress 2, Left 2 Dead etc, etc, etc... are all ridiculously good games. Halo is entirely forgettable. COD 1 and 2 were amazing. After that it went down hill. 4 was OK, but the multiplayer sucked. WaW was fun (nazi zombie mode ftw!). MW2 is fun for short periods of time, but certainly nothing special.

Hell, Duke Nukem >>>>>>>>>> CoD >> Halo
THIS. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Ironically enough, I recently found my Duke Nukem 3D CD and have been DOSboxing it up! Very Happy
Nothing like a good game of classic PC FPS... Now blow it out your a**. Laughing
swivelgames wrote:
THIS. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Ironically enough, I recently found my Duke Nukem 3D CD and have been DOSboxing it up! Very Happy
Nothing like a good game of classic PC FPS... Now blow it out your a**. 0x5

"It's time to kick a** and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum."
-The DUKE baby!
you guys are no fun... Crying

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours